- Boko Haram owns anti-aircraft and anti-tank guns – Military
- “This was the worst season of my career” – Mourinho declares after Copa del Rey loss
- Emergency rule: National Assembly saved governors from sack
- Boko Haram members may face war crimes charges – United Nations
- JAMB releases withheld results, begins CBT today
- Mourinho and Madrid end season trophyless, as Athletico Madrid win Copa Del Rey final
- Borno: 20 Boko Haram fighters killed in Sambisa raid
- Premier League names Alex Ferguson Manager of the Year, Bale wins player’s gong
- Potential EPL third place play-off between Arsenal and Chelsea to be played on May 26
- Keshi gives Mikel Obi, Victor Moses permission to play Chelsea’s last EPL game
It is a rumour ; We have not published 2012 May/June WASSCE results -WAEC
By Daily Post Staff on July 20, 2012
The Deputy Director, Public Affairs of the West Africa Examination Council (WAEC), Mr Yusuf Ari, in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lagos, denied the buzz that the council had published results of the 2012 May/June West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE).
Mr Yusuf Ari described the buzz as misleading and wicked, the council had received information that some individuals were trying to deceive the public by posting fraudulent information on-line concerning the results,He said.
Ari said there is nothing like that from the council. In an attempt to shed light to the rumour he said, “It is quite impossible for us because we have just concluded marking the examination scripts in some states, while waiting on others largely due to security challenges in the country”.
The Deputy Director stated that “the policy officially is that results must be released 90 days after the last paper is taken and in the recent past, we had been releasing results of this examination well ahead of schedule and when such result is out, it will be all announced in the national media .
Ari pleaded with candidates and other stakeholders to shun the deceit and not to allow themselves to be misguided by such wicked and baseless rumors.
Send your press release/articles/enquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org