- Son hacks father to death in Enugu
- APGA: Appeal Court adjourns case indefinitely
- Residents heave sigh of relief as government evacuates corpses in Borno
- Ferdinand signs new deal to stay at United
- UEFA announce Berlin as host of 2014/2015 Champions League final
- Man jailed for selling pirated copies of El-Rufai’s book
- Ogun state government uncovers N200m WAEC fees fraud
- “There are 56 million illiterates in Nigeria” – Ezekwesili
- APGA members defect to APC in Anambra
- Rivers political crisis: Police bans public procession
Edo Gubernatorial Poll: Wild jubilation as Lokoja also celebrates Oshiomhole’s victory
There was wild jubilation on the streets of Lokoja, the Kogi State capital yesterday when Comrade Adams Oshiomole was announced the winner of the Edo State governorship election.
The national President, National Democracy Advancement Group (NDAG), comrade Abubakar Suleiman who led the jubilant youths said the group is non-partisan but supports good governance.
“We are happy because Oshiomole’s administration is an example of good governance, which we wish every other governors can emulate. By doing what we are doing today, we are doing our beat to reward his hard work and encourage him to do more”, Abubakar said.
He hinted that the resolve to classify Oshiomole has a good governor was borne out of the fact that the group had embarked on an independent assessment tour of selected parts of Edo State where observable developments traceable to the administration were identified.
Abubakar however emphasised that the support given governor Oshiomole by the people of the state is an indication of greater and that as such: “The governor must continue to strive to meet the yearnings of the people. Implication of that is that we will begin to set standard for good governance”.
He also enjoined everybody in the state to give the administration necessary support.