- Santos reject second Barcelona bid for Neymar
- 2Face Idibia, D’banj, Psquare, Tiwa Savage, others to feature in Star Music Trek 2013
- One of the men who beheaded police officer in Woolwich might be a Nigerian – Report
- Mikel Obi likely to miss Mexico friendly
- Mario Gotze ruled out of Champions League final
- May D visits Charlyboy’s office, solicits prayers and blessings for Abuja Album Launch [PHOTOS]
- Ancelotti has a better relationship with his players than Mourinho – Ibrahimovic
- MAVIN crew to headline Big Brother Africa – The Chase opening ceremony
- Sir Alex Ferguson lands £100,000-a-day deal as United ambassador
- Senate, House of Reps ratify Jonathan’s state of emergency declaration
Jonathan congratulates Oshiomhole on his victory
President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan has congratulated Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State on his re-election saturday for another term in office.
In a statement signed by Mr. Reuben Abati, Special advicer on media and publicity to the president, Jonathan also commended the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, its personnel and the nation’s security services for ensuring that the elections were free and fair in keeping with his administration’s commitment to continually strengthen democracy in Nigeria through the establishment of a more credible electoral system.
The President urged Governor Oshiomhole to receive the fresh mandate given to him Saturday by the people of Edo State as an endorsement of his outstanding performance in his first term and an expression of their desire for a continuation of his focused, purposeful and dynamic leadership.
Jonathan expects that the Governor will work even harder in his second term to justify the confidence in his leadership clearly expressed by the Edo State electorate and assured him that the Federal Government will continue to give all possible support and assistance for development in the state.