- Governor Jang commends STF for rehabilitating 25 boreholes in crisis prone communities
- PDP crisis: Bamanga Tukur may be sacked on Thursday; Mu’azu, Babayo tipped as successors
- FG, Delta draw battle line on Ibori’s $15m bribe money; to argue suit July 5
- Maku charges Christians to lead campaign against violence; gives indication of 2015 guber ambition
- Opposition governors, PDP counterparts shun Jang NGF meeting
- Odemwingie set to leave West Brom this summer
- Keshi relieved after victory over Tahiti
- Oduamadi grabs hat-trick as Nigeria begins Confederations Cup with emphatic win over Tahiti
- Imo begins construction of Marine University
- Yar’Adua died of irreversible brain damage – Oviemo, ex-military medical director tells it all
Car bomb explodes in Okene, Kogi State
A car loaded with explosives exploded along Okene -Obehira road near the living faith church in Okene local government in kogi state.
The incidence was coming on the heels of palpitation and fear generated by the rumour of an intending attack on some places in the state.
An eye witness account revealed that the worshippers at the winners chapel and the deeper life church located within the vicinity of the blast were seen scampered to safety even as sustained injury due to panic.
A middle aged man who confirmed the incident, to journalists in Okene said the vehicle exploded just beside the living faith church along Obehira road, even as he said the motive and destination of the vehicle could not be easily ascertained.
But another eye witness claimed that the occupants of the said vehicle were apparently waiting for the church service to commence fully before they can lunch the attack.
He said luck how ever ran out of them when an argument ensued between them and the manager of the NNPC maga filling station where the vehicle was parked when he started suspecting them of a strange behaviour.
The source further added that it was in the process of moving their vehicle from the station that it exploded, though he said there was no casualty.
The police Public Relations Officer, (PPRO), in kogi state Mr. Ile Simon, who confirmed the blast, said one person have been arrested in connection with the incident and is being drilled to get to the root of the matter, while the second person escaped
ACP Simon further stated that the information available to him is still very sketchy, however said the command has put its men on 24 hours alert to confront any up rising.
The incidence has created tension in the state as well as gridlock along the ever busy Okene-Obehira road which is one of the link between the north and the western states the country.