- “Real Madrid would be crazy to pay record fee for Bale” – Fabregas
- Galliani tells Allegri to promote Oduamadi to AC Milan’s first team after Tahiti hat-trick
- Governor Jang commends STF for rehabilitating 25 boreholes in crisis prone communities
- PDP crisis: Bamanga Tukur may be sacked on Thursday; Mu’azu, Babayo tipped as successors
- FG, Delta draw battle line on Ibori’s $15m bribe money; to argue suit July 5
- Maku charges Christians to lead campaign against violence; gives indication of 2015 guber ambition
- Opposition governors, PDP counterparts shun Jang NGF meeting
- Odemwingie set to leave West Brom this summer
- Keshi relieved after victory over Tahiti
- Oduamadi grabs hat-trick as Nigeria begins Confederations Cup with emphatic win over Tahiti
From Milan to Paris: Thiago Silva completes move to PSG
Paris Saint-Germain have announced the signing of Thiago Silva from AC Milan on a five-year deal.
The news follows Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi’s announcement that he had agreed to sell both Thiago Silva and Zlatan Ibrahimovic to PSG.
The Brazil centre-back’s agent, Paulo Toniello, had indicated on Saturday morning that the transfer was still “far from” complete, but terms were agreed later in the day and the move has now been finalised.
A statement on PSG’s official website read: “Thiago Silva, 27 years old, Brazilian international, from AC Milan, has this Saturday signed with Paris Saint-Germain for five seasons.”
The deal to take Ibrahimovic to Paris, though, has yet to be agreed, with the player reportedly eager to secure a salary in the region of €14 million a year.
His agent, Mino Raiola, denied on Saturday that the Sweden striker had arrived at the club to undergo a medical and indicated that talks were still ongoing.
“He is not in Paris to pass his medical,” he told the media. “We will continue to work and give a press conference when everything is settled.”