- “Real Madrid would be crazy to pay record fee for Bale” – Fabregas
- Galliani tells Allegri to promote Oduamadi to AC Milan’s first team after Tahiti hat-trick
- Governor Jang commends STF for rehabilitating 25 boreholes in crisis prone communities
- PDP crisis: Bamanga Tukur may be sacked on Thursday; Mu’azu, Babayo tipped as successors
- FG, Delta draw battle line on Ibori’s $15m bribe money; to argue suit July 5
- Maku charges Christians to lead campaign against violence; gives indication of 2015 guber ambition
- Opposition governors, PDP counterparts shun Jang NGF meeting
- Odemwingie set to leave West Brom this summer
- Keshi relieved after victory over Tahiti
- Oduamadi grabs hat-trick as Nigeria begins Confederations Cup with emphatic win over Tahiti
Plateau Massacre: Christians must change to Islam or continue to die – Boko Haram
THE dreaded Islamic sect, popularly known as Boko Haram, had on Tuesday issued a statement admitting that it was responsible for the weekend massacre in Plateau state, stating that if Christians continue to remain adamant with their faith, they will continue to die.
It was reported that more than 100 people, mainly women and children were killed in attacks on three communities in the Barkin Ladi and Riyom local government areas of the state between Saturday and Sunday.
The militant group had thanked Allah for a successful attack launched on the Christian community in the state and stating further in the most earnest way that they would not give up on its continuous attack launched against Christians and the government which it had tagged a jihad war already. It also asked “Christians in Nigeria to accept Islam” as a condition for a ceasefire.
It debunked the claim made by the new National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki, that he had contact with the militant group, stating that it was only a” new lie” constructed to deceive Nigerians.
Now, the Statement
Sahara reporters got hold of the full text of the Boko Haram statement where our correspondent stumbled upon it. This is an unedited version of the statement.
“The Jama’atu Ahlissunnah Lidda’awati Wal-Jihad, is grateful to Almighty God and hereby makes it known to the world of our success and attack on Barkin Ladi and Riyom in Plateau State on Christians, security agencies and members of National Assembly.
“Like we said earlier, Christians in Nigeria should accept Islam, that is true religion, or they will never have peace. We do not regard them as trusted Christians as some illiterates are campaigning because it was Christians that first declared war on Muslims with the support of government.
“Like we said, we shall continue to look for government officials; they will not have the rest of mind. We will attack their homes and security agencies in the same way they are attacking us and destroying our houses that we have been renting. We will continue with what we did in Rijiyar Zaki in Kano State.
“To the general public, particularly those in Kano that are dragging their heads into this fight by supporting security agencies. Let them learn from what happened to people in Kurna quarters. From now on anyone found wanting should have himself to blame. We do not have any agenda than working to establish Islamic Kingdom like during the time of Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) no matter what will happen to us.
“We heard the information going round that new National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki, has gotten means of reaching us for a dialogue, that is a new lie.”