- “I’m still experimenting with my strikers” – Keshi admits he misses Emenike, Moses
- Keshi not happy with strikers’ performance against Tahiti, Ideye likely to start against Uruguay
- Moyes’ first Manchester derby, North London rivalry renewed – See the FULL 2013/2014 EPL fixture list
- United away to Swansea, Mourinho welcomes Hull, Gunners host Villa – See full 2013/2014 EPL opening fixtures
- NGF crisis: You are an embarrassment to Nigerian Labour and your party – Aremu tells Mimiko
- Final report on APC merger ready for submission to parties
- Barcelona keep tabs on Mata after Mourinho blocks Spaniard’s pay rise
- I am here to run PDP and I will continue to do so – Tukur debunks resignation reports
- Save us, security operatives kill students daily – NANS cry out to Jonathan
- Akpabio explains why Amaechi’s suspension has not been lifted
NUC Suspends Licences of 7 private Universities
The National Universities Commission has on Wednesday suspended the operational licenses of seven private universities for allegedly not meeting up to its set targets on school facilities and academic programmes as established by the NUC.
The suspended universities are Lead City, Caritas, Joseph Ayo Babalola, Tansian, Madonna, Achievers and Obong.
Confirming this development to news men, Mallam Ibrahim Yakassai, The Director of Press and Public Relations of NUC said in a telephone conversation on Wednesday night that the suspension of the licenses of the affected schools was imperative in order to continually work on the current standard of Nigerian Universities.
A top NUC official who had pleaded anonymity had affirmed that the decision of the NUC became unavoidably important considering that most of the private Universities have failed to lived up to the guidelines stipulated by the NUC in the running of Universities in Nigeria.
“The operators of the universities affected know their offences because so many times, we have informed them about their failings but they did not take necessary steps to address their shortcomings. Anyway, It’s just a suspension and it will be lifted as soon as they do the correct things,” the sourced said.