- Keshi not happy with strikers’ performance against Tahiti, Ideye likely to start against Uruguay
- Moyes’ first Manchester derby, North London rivalry renewed – See the FULL 2013/2014 EPL fixture list
- United away to Swansea, Mourinho welcomes Hull, Gunners host Villa – See full 2013/2014 EPL opening fixtures
- NGF crisis: You are an embarrassment to Nigerian Labour and your party – Aremu tells Mimiko
- Final report on APC merger ready for submission to parties
- Barcelona keep tabs on Mata after Mourinho blocks Spaniard’s pay rise
- I am here to run PDP and I will continue to do so – Tukur debunks resignation reports
- Save us, security operatives kill students daily – NANS cry out to Jonathan
- Akpabio explains why Amaechi’s suspension has not been lifted
- “JAMB cut-off marks for Nigerian Universities is 180, Polytechnics 150″ – Minister
Wenger tells Arsenal to do all they can to keep Van Persie
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger, has asked the club to do all that is within its power to keep star man, Robin van Persie, at the club.
“We want to keep Robin van Persie at all costs, because we depend on him offensively,” Wenger wrote in blog for Eurosport.
“I have always supported him even in the hardest times, and I hope he will end his career at Arsenal.”
The Frenchman also poured praises on his latest signing, Olivier Giroud. The striker scored 21 goals as Montpellier claimed the French Ligue 1.
‘I have known Olivier Giroud for some time,’ the Frenchman added. ‘The first time I saw him, I found he had something intelligent and dangerous. I always said he could score goals and assist his partners.
“Our game is based on cooperation between the players in the offensive phase and he will integrate easily.
“I don’t like simple goalscorers, they must also add to the collective.
“He is good in the air which is rare. He is quite complete and has a great room for improvement.”