- “It breaks my heart that Kagawa now plays 20 minutes at Manchester United – on the left wing!” – Klopp
- Kroenke gives Wenger green light to smash Arsenal’s wage structure
- 32-year-old man charged with killing brother
- Emenike close to sensational move back to Fenerbahce
- Work begins on Fourth Mainland Bridge
- “We’re all delighted!” – Wayne Rooney welcomes second son
- UNILORIN expels 24 students
- Victor Moses, Kalu Uche to miss Nigeria’s World Cup qualifiers, Confederations Cup campaign
- Nigeria must embrace good management practices – Atiku
- Boko Haram offensive: Military deploy more troops in Adamawa
Mario Balotelli expecting first child with ex-fianceé
Yes, he is Mario Balotelli, a troubled footballer whose next action can never be predicted. But even by such bizarre standards, it has been a rollercoaster week for him. He started off scoring two sublime goals against Germany in the semi-finals of Euro 2012 and then ended up on the losing side in the final to Spain.
However, his former girlfriend, Raffaella Fico, has informed the Manchester City striker that she is pregnant with his child. Sources say he was given the news before the game against Germany and he reportedly told her: “You gave me the best news of the world.”
Raffaella, a 21-year-old Italian model, also confirmed that they were trying to patch up their relationship.
“Mario and I are rebuilding our relationship. He never stopped loving me. Those who think I’ve wanted to trap the rich and famous footballer will have to think again,” She said.
“Last Christmas, he told me: ‘Let’s get married and make a son’ and I accepted. Now I’m waiting for Mario to discover the sex of the child, although he would prefer a boy, and to choose the name.”