- PHOTOSPEAK: David Beckham bids farewell to football in tears
- Calling Achebe the father of African literature is literary ignorance or momentary exuberance – Soyinka
- Hull City sacks Olofijana
- Tito Vilanova off to New York next week for cancer treatment
- NAMA cancels its planned closure of airspace
- Rooney’s future is not my business – Ferguson
- Herdsmen’s invasion: Benue communities seek marine surveillance
- Boko Haram owns anti-aircraft and anti-tank guns – Military
- “This was the worst season of my career” – Mourinho declares after Copa del Rey loss
- Emergency rule: National Assembly saved governors from sack
You are a failed state! Nigeria ranks 10th in Africa and 14th in the world
Nigeria now ranks among the top 10 failed states in Africa and 14th in the world, a global body, the Fund For Peace (FFP) declared in its 2012 annual Index Data released on Friday June 29th.
Top 14 failed states below:
2. Congo Democratic Republic.
9. Cote d’Ivoire.
10. Central African Republic.
FFP is an independent, non-partisan non-profit research and educational organisation that works to prevent violent conflict and promote sustainable security.
According to the FFP, a total of 12 criteria were applied in arriving at the ranking. Some of the core criteria included security apparatus, factionalised elite, legitimacy of the state, external intervention, poverty and economic decline, uneven development, group grievance and demographic pressures, human flight and public services.
Source: Linda Ikeji