- Ancelotti tells PSG he wants Real Madrid move
- EPL Watch: Arsenal clinch Champions League spot ahead of Spurs, Ferguson bows out after 5-5 thriller
- Chelsea ready to incur £30m loss on sale of Torres
- Our leaders are not in a hurry to fight this corruption – Rev. Onuoha
- To accuse Amaechi of insubordination is rubbish; Jonathan is not his boss – David-West
- Super Eagles player, Yusuf Ayila, discovers charms in his woman’s wardrobe [PHOTOS]
- State of emergency: We’re behind you – Northern governors tell Jonathan
- Patience Jonathan denies meeting with APGA chairman in her bedroom
- Anglican Church holds commendation service for Achebe
- FG may amend terrorism charges against Kabiru Sokoto
8 killed after robbers raid Zamfara
By Daily Post Staff on May 15, 2012
Eight persons, including four policemen, were feared killed in a gun duel between the police and a gang of armed robbers at Dansadau in Maru Local Government Area of Zamfara in the wee hours of Sunday.
“I heard sporadic shooting from a far distance. In the day time when the shootings subsided, we were told that the gun battle was between a gang of armed robbers and the policemen, who were patrolling the area.
“We equally learnt that four of the policemen were killed, while two of the armed robbers also died in the shoot out,” a resident of Dansadau said.
According to a source who craved anonymity, the two vigilance group members, who were on the spot to assist the police died, while five other policemen were still missing, noting that the robbers laid ambush for the police patrol team and opened fire on them.
The Public Relations Officer of the Zamfara Police Command, ASP Amiru Sanusi, who confirmed the incident, said he had no details of the number of casualties.
Send your press release/articles/enquiries to: email@example.com