- Residents heave sigh of relief as government evacuates corpses in Borno
- Ferdinand signs new deal to stay at United
- UEFA announce Berlin as host of 2014/2015 Champions League final
- Man jailed for selling pirated copies of El-Rufai’s book
- Ogun state government uncovers N200m WAEC fees fraud
- “There are 56 million illiterates in Nigeria” – Ezekwesili
- APGA members defect to APC in Anambra
- Rivers political crisis: Police bans public procession
- Lagos state bans construction during weekends, public holidays
- Adoke drags Dino Melaye to court in N10billion libel suit
Miss Cross River Wins MBGN
In a keenly contested Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria at Benin, the Edo State capital yesterday, Miss Cross River, Isabella Ayuk defeated other 31 contestants from across the country to be crowned the 2012 Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria (MBGN).
After the first preliminary stage of the competition, 16 contestants scaled through to the next stage while Miss Cross River, Miss Rivers, Miss Abuja, Miss Kaduna and Miss Osun made it to the top 5. After the general questions were asked to test the knowledge of the contestants and their grammar fluency, Miss Cross River emerged the winner of the 2012 edition of the MBGN.
Meanwhile, Miss Rivers emerged the 1st Runner up/MBGN Universe; Miss Abuja became the 2nd Runner up/MBGN Tourism; Miss Kaduna, 3rd Runner up and Miss Osun, 4th Runner up.
Isabella who will be representing Nigeria in the Miss World competition holding later this year officially took over the crown from the 2011 winner, Sylvia Nduka.
In her acceptance speech, the newly crowned Nigerian Queen says “I’m blessed; I thank God for this victory, thank you”
Other side attractions of the show were the amazing fashion parades and a performance from 2face Idibia which kept the audience spell-bound.