- Barcelona order Neymar to gain weight
- Keshi rules Onazi out of Confederations Cup
- We are not giving up on states creation – Ekweremadu
- FG explains why amnesty will end in 2015
- Onoh’s family battles Governor Chime over father’s property
- David Luiz suffers broken nose against Mexico
- Confederations Cup: Neymar’s magic sends Brazil into semi-finals
- Brazil 2014: FIFA confirms dates for final round of qualifying matches for African nations
- Platini admits he is helpless about Monaco’s spending
- Plateau unrest: Don’t communalize criminality, fish out perpetrators without bias – Senator Pwajok
Breaking news: Segun Arinze resigns as AGN president
If feelers reaching us from Tunsel town are anything to go by, then, embattled president of Actors Guild of Nigeria (AGN), Segun Arinze has formally resigned his appointment as leader of the association.
His resignation came shortly after the botched AGN election in Edo State.
His resignation letter reads:
The Chairman board of trustees Actors Guild of Nigeria.
In view of the recent happenings in the actors guild of Nigeria and the recently botched elections in Benin. It is indeed a sad development for AGN. In actual fact my tenure as president ended on the 9th of December 2011 but stayed on as president in deference to the BOT and the vast majority of our members who prevailed on me to oversee a successful transition to a new president through a free and fair election.
The events in Benin on the 28th of April 2012 is now common knowledge. I know I constituted an independent Agnec that was to supposed to be devoid of any electoral rancour or external influences. For my integrity and honour, I hereby resign as president of actors guild of Nigeria and it comes into effect immediately. I want the BOT for all the support given during my tenure, the state chapter chairmen, my fellow presidents from other guilds in Nollywood, all AGN members and especially the media for their tremendous support and positive given during my tenure. I want to thank profoundly my wife julie for holding on during the challenging period of service to the guild.
I wish the guild the very best as we move forward.
Thanks and warm regards.