- Ugbene-Ajima community in Enugu: Tale of woes from forgotten schools
- Avoid undue involvement in Rivers PDP crisis – ACN advises Labour leaders
- VP Sambo warns Nigerians against violence
- Super Eagles to face Adidas XI
- Monaco confirm €70 million deal for Moutinho and Rodriguez from Porto
- Manchester United sack Ferguson’s assistants
- It’s official: Europa League winners to get Champions League spot from 2015
- Asari Dokubo is a coward who will flee if war breaks out – Northern elders
- Chido Onumah: The Achebe I knew
- Manchester City chief expects new manager to win five trophies in five years
Jennifer Lopez sued by ex-driver
Jennifer Lopez is being sued by her former personal driver.
The ‘American Idol’ judge has been served a lawsuit by a chauffeur who claims the singer’s powerful manager Benny Medina humiliated him.
According to documents obtained by TMZ.com, Hakob Manoukian states he started driving for Jennifer and Marc Anthony in 2005.
Apparently the now estranged husband and wife appreciated his work so much that they convinced him to shut down his company and serve exclusively as her personal Head of Security and Transportation.
Hakob claims she agreed to pay him more than $200,000 per year but when she began filming ‘What to Expect When You’re Expecting’ in 2011 he was forced to take on more duties with Medina.
The Iraqi national suggests her manager disliked him from the start and says he would often criticise him for the way he dressed.
In one incident he alleges the boss verbally abused him in public and told him “he could not speak English well enough”.
Hakob claims Medina eventually persuaded the star to demote him, taking away his security responsibilities and demoting him to “merely be Lopez’s Los Angeles drive”.
The driver says he was forced to resign and is now suing the performer and her manager for unspecified damages.
However, Benny told TMZ, he was a “disgruntled employee who chose to quit”.