- Mourinho and Madrid end season trophyless, as Athletico Madrid win Copa Del Rey finalPosted 7 hours ago
- Borno: 20 Boko Haram fighters killed in Sambisa raidPosted 12 hours ago
- Premier League names Alex Ferguson Manager of the Year, Bale wins player’s gongPosted 13 hours ago
- Potential EPL third place play-off between Arsenal and Chelsea to be played on May 26Posted 13 hours ago
- Keshi gives Mikel Obi, Victor Moses permission to play Chelsea’s last EPL gamePosted 17 hours ago
- Star Music Trek returns this year bigger and betterPosted 17 hours ago
- “We can no longer tolerate your actions” – Delta tells rampaging Hausa/Fulani herdsmenPosted 20 hours ago
- Declare State of Emergency in Southern Kaduna Too – Human rights group tells JonathanPosted 20 hours ago
- Nigeria not yet free after independence – Governor AkpabioPosted 21 hours ago
- We are in advanced discussions to sign Yaya Sanogo – WengerPosted 21 hours ago
Man cuts off Lovers Head in Oyo
Two suspects have this afternoon been paraded by the Oyo state police command for allegedly killing a 42-year old Mrs. Sekinat Emiola. The culprits behind the abominable act is said to be one of the lady’s lovers, Mr. Asimiyu Ayantayo who is said to have cut off the lady’s head after having made love to her.
But on a contrary reaction, the suspect had said that the deceased died as a result of the killer charm (magun)that another man placed on her, probably to stop her from having sexual intercourse with another man..
The suspect who had claimed innocent affirmed that after love making, the lady somersaulted and died due to the course placed on her.
The reason he gave for beheading the lady after she died was that he wanted to conceal the identity of the lady from the residents, stressing that he never intended to use the head for ritual.
He said: “She was my mistress. I contacted magun on her during love-making. She wanted to summersault but I helped her. Then she started vomiting after the act and she fell down from the chair and died. It was then I beheaded her and cut off her two hands. I don’t need the body parts for anything and I did nothing with it.”
His accomplice, Mr. Isiaka Akanbi, equally denied any knowledge of his friend’s act, stating that his friend only asked him to buy a sack for him but, but had no knowledge of what the sack was meant for.
The suspect who was paraded in the full glare of the public has become the subject of discussion around the town.
The Oyo State Police Commissioner, Mr. Tambari Mohammed who confirmed the incident said a neighbor of the dead woman informed the police about a body dumped in the neighborhood and the police swung into action immediately, leading to the arrest of the suspect.