- Super Eagles to face Adidas XI
- Monaco confirm €70 million deal for Moutinho and Rodriguez from Porto
- Manchester United sack Ferguson’s assistants
- It’s official: Europa League winners to get Champions League spot from 2015
- Asari Dokubo is a coward who will flee if war breaks out – Northern elders
- Chido Onumah: The Achebe I knew
- Manchester City chief expects new manager to win five trophies in five years
- If Arsenal wants me, Aston Villa cannot stop me from moving – Benteke
- Jonathan should resign and give way to competent hand to rule Nigeria – Buhari
- My two daughters have Masters degrees, but they are still jobless – El-Rufai
Carey Mulligan and Marcus Mumford marry
Carey Mulligan and Marcus Mumford have got married.
The 26-year-old actress and the Mumford & Sons frontman exchanged vows inside a barn at Stream Farm in Bridgwater, Somerset, South West England, at a service conducted by the groom’s vicar father John.
Carey – who wore full-length ivory plain backless dress with V-straps, thought to be a Versace design – had eight bridesmaids, who wore turquoise knee-high prom dresses.
Among the 200 guests at the rustic-themed celebration were Sienna Miller, Jake Gyllenhaal and Colin Firth.
It had previously been claimed that Adele was to sing at the wedding reception.
A source said: “Carey and Marcus are both huge fans of Adele and there will be millions of couples jealous that she is singing for them.
“Adele has always wanted to work with Mumford & Sons so when Marcus asked her to play at his wedding she said yes. Adele has not been able to perform much at all since her throat op so it’s a rare gig.
‘It was meant to be a secret but the couple were so excited they’ve let it slip.”
Carey – who previously dated ‘Transformers’ actor Shia LaBeouf – and Marcus were childhood pen pals who reconnected as adults.
They have been dating for over a year and got engaged last August, though they are rarely seen in public together.