- Super Eagles to face Adidas XI
- Monaco confirm €70 million deal for Moutinho and Rodriguez from Porto
- Manchester United sack Ferguson’s assistants
- It’s official: Europa League winners to get Champions League spot from 2015
- Asari Dokubo is a coward who will flee if war breaks out – Northern elders
- Chido Onumah: The Achebe I knew
- Manchester City chief expects new manager to win five trophies in five years
- If Arsenal wants me, Aston Villa cannot stop me from moving – Benteke
- Jonathan should resign and give way to competent hand to rule Nigeria – Buhari
- My two daughters have Masters degrees, but they are still jobless – El-Rufai
“We are not super favourites,” Guardiola replies Mourinho
Pep Guardiola, used his press conference ahead of Barcelona’s league game with Real Zaragoza, to address Mourinho’s insinuation that Real Madrid are super favourites to qualify head of Chelsea.
“I’m thankful for the confidence he has in us, but all four teams in the semi-final have a chance,” he said.
Mourinho implied that either Bayern or Madrid will qualify but the Blues stand no chance. But Guardiola refused to underestimate.
“It is a team of great experience, that has fantastic players all over the pitch. It is one of the great teams in Europe.
“It is a team with history in recent years in English football. Competing in the Champions League, they have always been there and have shown themselves capable. We will have to produce good performances to reach the final.
“It is clear that in the semi-finals of the Champions League there is no rival that you can think will be easy.”