- “Everyone told me I would score the winning goal” – Robben
- Bayern Munich defeat Dortmund to win Champions League final thanks to Robben’s late strike
- President Jonathan denies involvement in NGF elections, urges Governors to resolve their differences
- “MI couldn’t have spent N10m on the video of Chairman just to diss Olamide” – Publicist
- “My next script is a gay movie, there’s a big market for the type of fims I do” – Afrocandy
- Henry Olamiju: Yes, the Woolwich beheaders are Nigerians
- Santos accepts two bids for Neymar, Brazilian attacker to choose between Real Madrid and Barca
- Robin van Persie sends Piers Morgan signed picture of him kissing EPL trophy
- Achebe: Anambra government lauds Jonathan, Mahama, others
- Ugbene-Ajima community in Enugu: Tale of woes from forgotten schools
UPDATE: Muamba in stable condition after he collapsed at White Hart Lane
Emerging reports have it that Fabrice Muamba is in a stable condition in the London Chest Hospital, after collapsing on the pitch at White Hart Lane.
The FA Cup sixth round game between Tottenham Hotspurs and Bolton Wanderers was abandoned this evening, after Fabrice Muamba suddenly collapsed on the pitch after 41 minutes.
Paramedics from both sides attended to the Congo-born midfielder for about six minutes, while his name rang out at White Hart Lane, as all the players and Wanderers coach Owen Coyle looked on distressed. He was then carried off on a stretcher wearing an oxygen mask to a hospital.
Bolton released a statement saying: “Bolton Wanderers can confirm that Fabrice Muamba has been taken to hospital following his collapse at White Hart Lane this evening during the FA Cup quarter-final.”