- “Real Madrid would be crazy to pay record fee for Bale” – Fabregas
- Galliani tells Allegri to promote Oduamadi to AC Milan’s first team after Tahiti hat-trick
- Governor Jang commends STF for rehabilitating 25 boreholes in crisis prone communities
- PDP crisis: Bamanga Tukur may be sacked on Thursday; Mu’azu, Babayo tipped as successors
- FG, Delta draw battle line on Ibori’s $15m bribe money; to argue suit July 5
- Maku charges Christians to lead campaign against violence; gives indication of 2015 guber ambition
- Opposition governors, PDP counterparts shun Jang NGF meeting
- Odemwingie set to leave West Brom this summer
- Keshi relieved after victory over Tahiti
- Oduamadi grabs hat-trick as Nigeria begins Confederations Cup with emphatic win over Tahiti
Gunmen Kill 2 University Students in Maiduguri
TWO students of the University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID) have been shot dead by three suspected Boko Haram gunmen at about 8pm Friday in their Mairi Ward residences, south of the University Campus, Borno State Commissioner of Police, Simeon Midenda has disclosed.
The police chief made this known on Saturday to newsmen while speaking on this week’s serial attacks on residences of Christians and people living in Dala and Mairi Wards of Maiduguri Metropolis.
He said the sectarian attacks have taken a different dimension, where suspected gunmen targeted not only the military patrol vehicles of Joint Task Force (JTF) and policemen, but residences of policemen and Christians living in Jere, Bama and Biu Council Areas of the state.
The three council areas are also under the state of emergency in addition to Maiduguri Metropolitan and Gambouru/Ngala.
He said the suspects came in unmarked vehicle with two Kalashnikov rifles hidden under their flowing gowns, before they fired several gun shots into the heads and chests of the male and female students.
He said the two students were from Cross River and Akwa Ibom States, adding that the former chairmen of a council area and National Union of Roads Transport Workers (NURTW), were also killed in Mairi Ward last year.
No arrests, he said were made in the assassination of University students.