- Jupp Heynckes hints at delaying retirement after Bayern win Champions League
- Manchester City defeat Chelsea 5-3 in second US friendly match
- It’s official: Neymar agrees five-year deal with Barcelona
- “Everyone told me I would score the winning goal” – Robben
- Bayern Munich defeat Dortmund to win Champions League final thanks to Robben’s late strike
- President Jonathan denies involvement in NGF elections, urges Governors to resolve their differences
- “MI couldn’t have spent N10m on the video of Chairman just to diss Olamide” – Publicist
- “My next script is a gay movie, there’s a big market for the type of fims I do” – Afrocandy
- Henry Olamiju: Yes, the Woolwich beheaders are Nigerians
- Santos accepts two bids for Neymar, Brazilian attacker to choose between Real Madrid and Barca
Best Dressed of 2011
Angelina Jolie at the Golden Globe Awards
We love it when Angelina Jolie shuns her signature black and muted hues and gives us a blast of colour, because it always has spectacular results. This year’s Golden Globes outfit was no exception, with the actress dazzling onlookers in a sparkling emerald green gown by Atelier Versace. The star let her dress do the talking, accessorising with simple matching earrings and her long dark locks worn down and loose.
The Duchess of Cambridge at the ARK 10th Anniversary Gala Dinner
It can’t be easy being one of the most photographed women in the world, but the Duchess of Cambridge has really found her sartorial feet this year with a string of chic looks. From the fashion moment of the year in her Alexander McQueen wedding dress to her off-duty street style ensembles, she always looks polished, elegant and has become an ambassador for British designers. Our favourite look of 2011? This dazzling shell pink sequinned gown by Jenny Packham that just screamed regal glamour.
Gwyneth Paltrow at the Venice Film Festival
She usually shows off her fab legs in minidresses and shorts, but Gwyneth Paltrow opted for classic Hollywood glamour to walk the red carpet at this year’s Venice Film Festival in a shell pink gown by Prada. Love. It.
Emma Stone at the Golden Globe Awards
She’s our breakout style star of 2011 and we could have packed this best dressed round-up with pictures of her outfits alone, but we finally plumped for this stunning shot of Emma Stone at this year’s Golden Globes because it was a look that said ‘I’ve arrived’. The peachy hue complemented her hair and make-up beautifully, while the understated silhouette and backless detailing of this Calvin Klein Collection dress was stunning in its simplicity. We may have first spotted it back in January, but it has lost none of its impact. A well worthy entry into our best dressed looks of the year.
Gisele Bundchen at the Costume Institute Gala
No best dressed of the year list would be complete without a dose of supermodel glamour, and this red strapless Alexander McQueen gown that Gisele wore to the 2011 Costume Institute Gala was breathtaking
Michelle Williams at the Oscars
We’ve long been fans of Michelle Williams’ understated red carpet looks ? never flashy and never over-styled ? and 2011 was another style high for the cute actress. The Oscar-nominee really shone at this year’s Academy Awards in a white beaded Chanel Haute Couture gown and Jimmy Choo platform heels.
Kirsten Dunst at the Cannes Film Festival
Also scoring a spot on our best dressed list is Kirsten Dunst in this strapless Chanel Couture gown with ruffled white layers and heaps of sparkle, which she teamed with vintage black Valentino heels and drop earrings. Old school Hollywood glamour at its best.